Community Support Services

The following are some of the many resources in the area that are available to you.

New Hampshire 2-1-1
2-1-1 is the number to dial for information about health and human services and organizations in your community.

Winter Heating Assistance

Having trouble paying for heat? These three programs can help:

  • State-wide Electrical Assistance Program (EAP)
Income qualified members of the NH Electric Co-op can receive discounts on their monthly electric bills ranging from 5-70% of their total bill. Apply through your Community Action Agency. (Keene 352-7512)
  • State Fuel Assistance Program (FAP)
Provides benefits to qualified New Hampshire households to assist with heating costs. Renters and homeowners are eligible. Apply through your Community Action Agency. (Keene 352-7512)

  • Project Care
Project Care is a charitable organization that provides payment assistance for NH Electric Co-op members in emergency situations. Applicants are eligible for Project Care emergency assistance only once in a 12 month period. Members should apply to the programs listed above before applying to Project Care. For program guidelines and more information, contact Member solutions at 1-800-698-2007.

Home Healthcare Hospice and Community Services (HCS)

HCS provides comprehensive home health care and helping services to income eligible families. Telephone 352-2253 or 1-800-541-4145.

Family Resource Guide
Published annually by the Rotary Club of Keene, this guide gives information about help that is available for young children, their parents and families. Topics covered include help with housing, getting clothing, furniture and household items, getting to places, finding free legal and financial help, staying healthy and warm. Copies can be obtained from the Town Office.

Facing foreclosure? The State has set up a new website to help residents address potential mortgage problems. The website will help connect families with resources if they are concerned about losing their homes and includes contact information for housing counselors and other options to help people try to avoid foreclosure.

Free Prescription Discount Cards

These cards are provided by Cheshire County and are available at the Town Office.  Members call toll free 1-877-321-2652.

Weatherization and Heating Assistance Programs

Stay Warm NH is a public/private partnership focused on expanding weatherization and heating assistance programs. The NH Office of Energy and Planning, NH Department of Health and Human Services and NH Charitable Foundation are coordinating this effort with the help of dozens of non-profit organizations and private businesses. Their phone number is 271-2155.

The Community Kitchen, Inc.

The Community Kitchen serves hot meals Monday through Friday from 5-6:30pm and brunch on Sunday from 11am-12:30pm. Take home boxes of food are available on Wednesdays from 12:30 - 5:30pm and Thursdays 11:30am - 4:00pm. Delivery can be arranged. The Community Kitchen is located at 37 Mechanic Street, Keene. Their phone number is 357-3200.

Friendly Meals
Marlow Friendly Meals are held at Odd Fellows the first Tuesday of the month. Coffee is at 11:30 and the meal is served at 12:00. Anyone 60+ is invited. Meals are free, with donations appreciated. This program is provided by Home Healthcare, Hospice and Community Services. Call Sharon Davis 446-7064 or Gerry Plotts 446-3490 with your reservation by noon on the Monday before. Rides can be provided.

United Methodist Church Food Pantry
The United Methodist Church delivers food boxes the third Sunday of each month. If you are in need of a little help or know of someone else that does, please contact Shirley Plumb at 446-3310 or Marcia Levesque at 446-4383. Collection boxes for food donations can be found at the Town Office and Town Library.